If you have been injured in an accident due to no fault of your own, it is a responsible and smart decision to be careful about the way you portray yourself online if you are considering taking legal action. Pursuing a lawsuit means that you should avoid sharing details about yourself online, on any social media platform, to avoid a negative impact on your personal injury claim. Continue reading to discover the reasons to avoid social media during the claims process and ways to improve your chances of winning a personal injury claim. Reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today to learn more about our services. We are prepared to fight for your right to compensation.
Why should I stay away from social media during the claims process?
Avoid the following actions online to avoid a negative impact on your personal injury claim:
- Posting anything regarding your case. This can include the injuries, the other party’s attorney, the accident, and anyone involved in the incident.
- Friends and family posting about the injured party throughout the claims process.
- Having social media profiles in the public setting.
- Accepting follow requests or friend requests from accounts you do not personally know.
- Posting your social life on Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media platforms. Any piece of social media content posted on your behalf can be sued against you in court.
How can I improve my chances of winning a personal injury claim?
There are many steps that you can take to improve your chances of winning a personal injury claim. One of the most important steps to take when facing a personal injury lawsuit is to hire an experienced and skilled Maryland personal injury attorney who will help satisfy the burden of proof by collecting and presenting all evidence necessary. Another way to increase your chances of a successful claim is to take photos of your injuries as well as the aftermath of the accident. You can also collect witnesses’ contact information to support your claim as well as obtaining a copy of the police report. If you were treated medically, collect all medical documentation regarding your injuries.
To begin your claims process today, contact our firm. We would be happy to walk you through the legal process ahead with your best interest in mind. We are here to help.
Contact Us Today
Our firm understands how overwhelming the claims process can be, which is why it is our job to handle the entire legal side of the matter while you focus solely on what matters most: healing. We know the ins and outs of the claims process, and we are ready to put our knowledge and experience in the field to work for you. Contact The Dorsey Law Firm today to schedule your free initial consultation.