Auto accidents are, unfortunately, far more prevalent than you may imagine here in Maryland, and if you’ve been injured in one, you must retain the services of a knowledgeable St. Mary’s County auto accident lawyer here at The Dorsey Law Firm. In fact, a five-year average between 2015-2019 (the most recent traffic accident data made available by the National Highway-Traffic Safety Administration & the Governors Highway Safety Association), shows roughly 527 auto accident fatalities every single year. Further, some 157 of those fatalities were a result of alcohol-impaired drivers. Regardless of the type of accident you were involved in, if you’ve been seriously injured, you can depend on us to fight for your right to financial compensation. Contact our firm today so we can get started.
St. Mary’s County Auto Accident Lawyer | Fighting for the Wrongfully Injured
There are few accidents more sudden than those involving motor vehicles. Unfortunately, since these accidents can happen in a flash, many parties involved in them cannot remember how they happened. For this reason, among others, it is critical that you hire a knowledgeable St. Mary’s County personal injury lawyer who has significant experience handling auto accident cases on behalf of injured victims throughout Maryland.
Our Legal Services
The Dorsey Law Firm handles a wide array of auto accident cases on behalf of our injured clients, including the following:
- Boat Accidents: Maryland has the perfect weather and scenery for boating, which is why so many people own or rent boats here in our state. However, there are times where boats can become very dangerous, especially when those operating them are inadequately trained or behave negligently, such as by operating boats while intoxicated, failing to observe their surroundings, and more.
- Bus Accidents: Though buses are generally considered safe means of transportation, especially since they typically travel at such low speeds, buses are far from easy to operate. This is why all bus drivers must be alert, focused, and at the top of their game at all times. All it takes is one second of letting one’s guard down to cause a serious bus accident, and if you’ve been hurt in a bus accident, there is a very good chance that you will qualify for financial compensation.
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are the most common type of auto accident, and they happen every single day here in Maryland. Unfortunately, car accidents frequently result in serious injuries, and if you’ve been harmed in a car accident, either as a passenger or as a driver, you should strongly consider your legal options going forward. Our firm has effectively handled countless car accident claims in the past, and we have the knowledge and skill required to do the same for you.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycles are among the most fun forms of transportation, and it is no secret why so many people throughout the state of Maryland choose to ride them. However, as you know, motorcycles are inherently more dangerous than other forms of transportation, and if you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you most likely required very serious medical treatment. Those bills add up, which is why our firm is here to recover your rightful compensation in an effort to help you get back on your feet once again.
- Pedestrian Accidents: A responsible pedestrian looks both ways before crossing, ensures that he has the green light to cross, and stops if he detects any sign of danger. However, at times, pedestrian accidents occur in a flash, especially at night, when speeding motorists do not see crossing pedestrians until it is too late. If you were struck by a motor vehicle as a pedestrian, you most likely have a valid claim, and our firm is ready to fight for your right to a swift recovery.
- Truck Accidents: Truckers have extremely difficult and demanding jobs. Because they often have to work late hours into the night while operating huge vehicles, truck accidents are far from uncommon. However, if you’ve been involved in a truck accident due to an irresponsible truck driver, you and your vehicle most likely stood very little chance against the sheer size and weight of an 18-wheeler. Our firm is here to be your number one advocate through every step of the claims process ahead.
Statute of Limitations for Auto Accident Claims in Maryland
The statute of limitations is the timeframe in which you will have to take legal action against the party who caused your accident. In Maryland, the statute of limitations, in most cases, is three years. This means you cannot wait any longer than three years from the date of your accident to sue. If you do, you will most likely permanently lose your right to financial compensation. As a general rule of thumb, however, you should note that the sooner you speak with our firm, the better. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to track down certain witnesses and ultimately prove that your injury was a direct result of the accident.
Contact a St. Mary’s County Auto Accident Lawyer
We know how stressful life can be after an auto accident, between worrying about medical bills, lost wages, and your overall health. This is why whether you were injured in a car, on a bus, or in any other motor vehicle, you can rely on the attorneys here at The Dorsey Law Firm to fight for you. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation.