If you have been injured in a parking lot accident, it is important to have a plan. Continue reading and reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today to learn the next steps you should take after sustaining injuries in a parking lot accident to recover compensation.
What are the most common causes of parking lot accidents?
Parking lot accidents can be caused by a variety of factors. The following are the most common causes of parking lot accidents in Maryland:
- Standing water
- Inadequate security
- Insufficient parking lot lights
- Failure to remove weather-related hazards
What steps should I take following a parking lot accident?
There are a few steps that are important to take after being injured in a parking lot accident. Take the following steps to set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim:
- Call the police. The authorities will conduct a report to document the accident. They will also bring an ambulance to the scene.
- While you wait for medical assistance, if you can, take photos of the scene of your accident. This should include any damage to vehicles and property. Also, take photos of your injuries.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, email address, and phone number.
- Seek medical attention as soon as the ambulance arrives. Even if you do not immediately feel symptoms of an injury, it is best to be observed by a medical professional in case injuries later surface.
- Collect all medical documents relating to your treatment.
- Reach out to an experienced Maryland personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve. Your attorney will also be able to collect further evidence to support your claim such as surveillance footage of your accident as it happened.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury parking lot accident claims in Maryland?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally three years in the state of Maryland. This means that you will have three years from the date of your accident to file your personal injury claim. The sooner you bring attention to your claim, the better. It is important to file your claim within this period of time to avoid being permanently barred from suing. To take action as soon as possible, reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today to learn more about our services and how we can assist you through the claims filing process. We are prepared to fight for your right to compensation.
Contact Us Today
Our firm understands how overwhelming the claims process can be, which is why it is our job to handle the entire legal side of the matter while you focus solely on what matters most: healing. We know the ins and outs of the claims process, and we are ready to put our knowledge and experience in the field to work for you. Contact The Dorsey Law Firm today to schedule your free initial consultation.