Following a slip-and-fall accident, an auto accident, or another type of personal injury accident you may sustain a variety of different injuries. However, many different types of accidents cause soft tissue injuries. When the body suffers a blow it can damage to the skin, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Oftentimes, those that suffer soft tissue injuries wonder whether they are entitled to compensation. In Maryland, victims may seek monetary compensation if their injuries were the direct result of another party’s negligent actions. However, they must fulfill the burden of proof. Keep reading to learn more about soft tissue injuries and how a proficient Leonardtown Personal Injury Lawyer can help you seek reasonable compensation for your damages.
What are soft tissue injuries?
Essentially, a soft tissue injury is the result of sudden, expected or uncontrolled movement that causes trauma to muscles, tendons, or ligaments. More often than not these types of injuries happen suddenly. However, they can occur gradually. Acute injuries (sudden) are often caused by trauma such as falls, slips, and blows to the body. Soft tissue injuries are usually classified as follows:
What symptoms should I be aware of?
It is imperative to be aware of some of the telltale signs of a soft tissue injury. This will ensure you receive the proper medical care and treatments to prevent further damage. The following are soft tissue injury symptoms you should be aware of:
- Limited range of motion
- Weak muscles
- Inability to bear weight
- Cramps or spasms in muscles
- Lump or knot at the injury site
- “Popping” or “snapping” feelings
What should I do if I suffer this type of injury after an accident?
In the unfortunate event that you suffer a soft tissue injury, the steps you take after the incident that caused your injuries is crucial to having a strong case against a negligent party. To maximize your chances of recovering monetary compensation for your damages, you should:
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Keep track of all medical bills and records.
- Notify the appropriate parties. For instance, if you suffer a soft tissue injury as a result of a slip-and-fall accident, you must notify the manager or property owner of the accident.
- Take pictures and videos of the scene.
- Collect contact information from any witnesses.
- Retain the legal services of a skilled Leonardtown Personal Injury Lawyer. It is imperative to obtain the right legal representation who can represent your interests in court. An experienced lawyer can help you navigate your legal options. In addition, a lawyer can help you investigate the circumstances of the accident and gather pertinent evidence to support your claim.
The above steps can help you fulfill the burden of proof if you decide to pursue legal action against a negligent party.
If you or a loved one have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, please reach out to one of our seasoned team members. Our firm is committed to helping our clients achieve favorable results.