Swimming pool accidents can, unfortunately, lead to serious injuries or even death. It is important to consider many pool safety tips before hosting or going to a pool party this Labor Day. As the summer comes to a close, it may be easy to overlook important safety precautions. To ensure you and your loved ones have a safe and fun Labor Day, continue reading and refresh your memory on some of the most important safety tips to consider this holiday.
Pool Safety Tips to Consider
Consider the following pool safety tips this Labor Day to have a fun and safe holiday:
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not swim while intoxicated
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Ensure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
Pool accidents can lead to severe injuries and even death. If you believe that you have been injured in a swimming pool accident due to the negligence of the pool owner, it is time to take action. To discover if you have a valid claim, reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney. Your attorney will work to prove negligence in a premises liability claim. To do so, they will work to prove that the accident was a direct result of the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. To support this claim, your attorney will provide evidence including photos of the scene, witness statements, and medical documentation of your medical treatments. Contact our experienced personal injury attorney today to learn more about how we can assist your claim. We want each of our clients to succeed in filing their premises liability claims. We will fight for your right to compensation to get back to your life.
Contact Us Today
Our firm understands how overwhelming the claims process can be, which is why it is our job to handle the entire legal side of the matter while you focus solely on what matters most: healing. We know the ins and outs of the claims process, and we are ready to put our knowledge and experience in the field to work for you. Contact The Dorsey Law Firm today to schedule your free initial consultation.